The most wonderful time of the year! It is upon us. Everyone is counting down to the day Santa brings the gifts. Kids are super excited, it is almost time for school winter breaks but how do you make it fun for everyone??
It is very hard to stay focused when you have so much on the go, you are planning holiday parties, baking, coking, shopping (unless you are super organized and all done by Halloween?) In a lot of places snow and cold may be coming and outside activities are limited.
- Do not forget to mail a letter to Santa
- Do a local holiday lights tour (drive through or walk through)
- Make a gingerbread house
- Do the daily Elf activities
- Schedule a holiday movie night or even plan a family date at the movies
- Do some baking and involve the kids in decorating the cookies
- Plan for a Festive Scavenger Hunt
- Assemble a fun craft kit for children to make Santa’s village
- Make a popcorn garland
- Make paper snowflakes
- Visit a holiday market
- Take photos with Santa
Depending on where you live, plan for an outdoor fun day making a snowman, going sledding, skiing, skating. Just making snow angels together will bring a ton of joy to your family.
Being together is probably what your children will enjoy best. Holidays are the time to slow down and enjoy the calm and the peace in each others’ company. And after all, the gifts the kids get will help entertain everyone. Do the legos and puzzles together, play with the new dollhouses and video games, spend time coloring or creating science experiments.
Let’s try to be mindful of how priceless that is and not take it for granted.